Re: [Ayatana] Lack of harmony between panel applets

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 12:25, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/06/10 08:49, Tyler Brainerd wrote:
> From what I understand, a lot of these changes (for instance, the new
> network manager) are and will continue to show up in the Unity
> interface, before eventually making their way over to Desktop.

You'll be able to use our replacement for Network Manager on the desktop
too, it just won't be the default in 10.10.

Yeah, Connman uses NotifyOSD much better.

But if you drop NM manually
in favour of indicator-network, you'll have a fully cleaned-up panel
(depending of course on what else you have which still uses systray, but
we're close enough to done-1.0 that it should be reasonable to run with
only indicators in 10.10 desktop).

Can't wait for the Meercat ;)