Re: [Ayatana] Brainstorming the Me Menu again

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 13:40, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree, once the implementation is complete things will be a lot better,
> but I think we can simplify the menu a bit more. I think we should have a
> divider between the social networking stuff, and the IM statuses as they are
> not related. Also, I'm not entirely sure why we need the name on the me menu
> when there is a name on the Me-menu button itself. I've attached a hacked up
> version of MPTs mockup from the wiki page.
>
> Luke.

I still think it's unclear what that text box does. I made a quick
mockup which adds some text to the text boxes, explaining what they
are supposed to do. This text goes away when the text box is
activated. The social networking text box says "Post Twitter
message..." when the Twitter icon is selected. It should change to
whatever social network is selected.

I also changed the Custom Status menu entry into a text box. That
makes it even more clear that the top text box is for social
networking, and not setting status. This changes/simplifies the way
you set custom statuses: you first choose a status, and then you can
explain the status. It may come with preset 'explanations' such as "I
am busy" for Busy.

--
Remco