Re: [Ayatana] Some thoughts about unclutter

hi cmaglothin,

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 06:31, cmaglothin <cmaglothin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know its default because I'm using maverick and it installed by itself. It was in an update a few days ago.

ah thanks, now i understand where this discussion originates in the first place.
Unfortunately i can't relate, cause i'm still "testing" Lucid ;)

So thanks for real, good that y'all reported this, honestly:
I thought the responsible team was clear on how Unclutter won't be included after all the discussion in "[Ayatana] Redesigning the Ubuntu mouse cursor for simple notification of app attention" [1]

On NOT including Unclutter, MPT has been there and done that already, see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/16492

whoever put it into your Alpha might want to consider taking it back out, IMO of course.

[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/ayatana/msg02942.html