Re: [Ayatana] Some thoughts about unclutter

FWIW I had an immediate dislike for unclutter and simply uninstalled it. I hope it ends up an opt-in rather than default.

Had it only hidden the cursor when it was annoying (such as when it was obscuring typing in an edit control) I likely would not have even noticed it and felt better about the usability of the system. I understand doing that right would be MUCH more difficult.

A netbook UI (with physical keyboard and mouse) is not a smartphone / tablet with touch. Maybe OSs that wants to run on both need a large switch to change modes (with a nice kerchunk sound :)