Re: [Ayatana] Windicators

On Jul 7, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Diego Moya <turingt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think you've just described the rationale for the new Ubuntu panel menus (Sound-, Network-, Me-menus). So what you're suggesting would be akin to dismiss the windicator idea and have all windows notifications centralized in standardized panel menus?

I don't propose that we should completely ditch windicators, but I guess you could say that I propose that windows show statuses related to them in the titlebar, alongside the panel menu notifications.

I think having windicators is a good idea, but they should be standardized, not used unnecessarily and inconsistently.