[Ayatana] Blue for information

Hi all,

A while back we were discussing using blue to represent "information" in the indicator applets. Mark said it was worth looking in to: https://lists.launchpad.net/ayatana/msg01205.html

I'm bringing this up again, because with the discussion about a green "flash" to indicator success of Me Menu updates, it looks to me at least that green for new messages (information) as well as to represent a successful action completing seems inconsistent. IMO blue (which seems to be a pretty globally used colour for conveying information) would be more suitable.

I'm not sure if using blue was investigated, the thread seemed to trail off soon after, did this just get forgotten?

Luke.

P.S.

I still think that the following would be a nice standard to adopt:

Blue -> Informative
Green -> Success (a flash if the success state is momentary rather than a prolonged state).
Red ->Error