Re: [Ayatana] [Usability] Cheap Open Source Morae Alternative

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Allan Caeg <allancaeg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Jan-Christoph!
> Kirk and I are discussing this. We have a google wave discussion, but
> nothing much is going on, unfortunately. We've been busy with other things,
> but this is definitely on the to do list (and my "drafts" email folder) . I
> was actually planning to PM you too (been on my google calendar for about 3
> times, believe it or not).

Cool, just add me to the Wave. :)

> Enough with the excuses. Let's talk about next steps. We have some
> wireframes and personas. It also appears that you also have some stuff over
> there. Can you put them
> on http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/UsabilityTestingSuite so
> we can document the progress?

Yep, I already put my findings there. Currently I am just trying and
coding, I have yet to start with a UI. I guess it is really something
like Silverback we are after.

Currently I like the Python script way the most because it is insanely
portable and easy to adjust (+ I can’t do anything else right now ;).
Just like Allan Day said earlier:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2009-December/msg00073.html –
I did the test on a clean live USB system.

But I am going to look into Quickly for development the next days. The
performance problems can be beaten by lowering the output video
resolution, but with a compiled app we might get better speeds even at
full quality.

We should do it similar to Silverback: Write all the captured stuff
separately at highest quality to intermediate formats so we can later
export it in any quality & combination we like.