Re: [Ayatana] Sound indicator position indicator and scope

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:46 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Conor and MPT may want us to let the implementation mature another
couple of rounds, because I know there's work ongoing, and there may be
other use cases for the widget which will make us glad for having it,
but we can review it closer to final release and decide if it stays.

It seems like it's better to add things rather than pear them down later. Remove the slider and wait for people to whine about its in-existence. If people become used to it, removing it may cause more noise. People often think they need things they don't really need. It's better to ship a product with a perfect user experience, and fewer features than one that has all of the features but with a poor, or even average user experience. Nothing we ship should be below excellence.

--
-- Alex Launi