Re: [Ayatana] Space in the sound menu

On 4 August 2010 05:51, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I blogged about the layout of the track metadata in sound indicator at
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/446

With a mockup like:

In comments on the post, Mike Rooney pointed me to a thread that
included
http://picasaweb.google.com/100804433705878937883/Mockups#5493946264489470306

It's certainly nice and clean. I think a combination might rock.

I do think the play/pause/next/previous buttons have some work in the
pipeline that will improve the styling.

Mark

Just a thought, but taking that second mockup. If the buttons were moved above the artist and album. You could have the track title along the full width underneath the image, and the artist and album to the right of the image. Bad ASCII art follows:

|                 |   Tracey Chapman
|-----------------|   Tracey Chapman
Across the Lines, W...re to go?

Luke.