Re: [Ayatana] Unity's "desktop"

 On 08/08/10 20:49, Apoorva Sharma wrote:
> I like all these ideas, but why not do what KDE4 did, and present a
> desktop of files, a zeitgeist timeline, etc. as widgets, so you could
> have access to files and useful information?

I do think a gadget story is interesting. There's no really compelling
framework out there today, though. Google's implementations have a lot
of rendering and usability problems, and the gadgets are not attractive.
Yahoo's is closed source. The others are marginal.

Am I missing a good candidate?

Mark