Re: [Ayatana] Unity interface - my Beta review and proposals

I think you are using the wrong terminology here. The left dock with
the application icons is called the Launcher. Global Menu would be the
actually "File Edit ..." menu that is right of the Ubuntu/window
buttons.

I agree that the launcher is taking space and it adversely affecting
my user experience. I'm mostly online on this netbook and Youtube
having a horizontal borders isn't nice. -Especially because for some
reason the left side of a website (when there is a horizontal
scrollbar present) doesn't have margins.