[Ayatana] Unity: An interactive Mock up of GUI ideas

I have put up an interactive mock up of some of the ways I feel Unity
can evolve here:

http://www.reviveyourpc.ie/unity/welcome.html

Give each screen a bit of time to cache - it is just linked html.

The key features are:

      * Fully navigable by mousepad tap (therefore screen touch)
      * Desktop is utilised productively
      * Only two modes - 1)Application open  2)System GUI root and
        quickaccess exposed.
      * Apps get maximum real estate

For the mock up - in application mode - switching is done by clicking on
the Ubuntu logo @ top left. This could be a mouse gesture or hover-over
in reality. On touch it could be a shake of the device optional to
touching the logo.

If anybody wants to tinker, I have put the Gimp file for the screens here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1306731/Unity.xcf

Michael