Re: [Ayatana] Unity: An interactive Mock up of GUI ideas

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:20, Michael Jonker <citizen.jonker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have put up an interactive mock up of some of the ways I feel Unity
can evolve here:

http://www.reviveyourpc.ie/unity/welcome.html

Now that's what i call a mockup!!
Since it is interaction design we are discussing here much of the time, i think it is about time Mockups become interactive, too, so: whow, great work! :D

please consider also integrating the symbolic approach Ayatana has chosen, especially regarding colors.
Symbolic design considers rather the symbolic (purpose/context) significance of an item, than it's absolute appearance.

In the case of colors, a color that is being used in a symbolic fashion has a direct meaning, i.e. for example color change means there is a direct communicative purpose attached to changing the color.
If we can not state a purpose or use case worth introducing a color change, the color change has no symbolic significance/relevance and can be seen as a redundant if not even confusing element of the interaction designed, and should be re-thought.

Again, much respect for your mockup and thanks for inspiring!