Re: [Ayatana] "fileless" paradigm

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 22:52, David Stevenson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I want to read up the minutes to an old committee meeting, I search
> for "committee minutes", what do I then get? a list of those documents.
> I guess if I search for  "committee minutes June 2010" it could then
> open it directly for me.
> Part of the problem is changing the way I think about the things stored
> on the machine, I think in files.
> David

It's not useful to get rid of files. You can call them "docs",
"photos", "emails", but what they have in common is that they are
"objects" to be manipulated. We call such objects files when they are
in a file system. We call them tracks when they are in our music
application, and we call them search results when we do a search.

--
Remco