[Ayatana] [Fwd: Re: Presence via Me Menu]

--------- Mensaje reenviado --------
De: Mark Shuttleworth <mark.shuttleworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Para: Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Asunto: Re: [Ayatana] Presence via Me Menu
Fecha: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:56:18 +0000

On 09/09/10 11:00, Frederik Nnaji wrote:
> I was hoping Mission Control 5 in Telepathy would make it possible to
> change back to "online", "away" or "busy", even when Empathy says my
> accounts are "offline".
> Another thing is, that i'm being logged out, not sent offline. My
> computer is still online, it's just that IM accounts are being logged out.
> This is why i don't understand the use case of "offline", if all it
> does is actually "log out".
>
> If offline was to be a state of Presence, it would be better if i
> could alternate between "offline" and the other states of Presence via
> the MeMenu directly.
> Now remains the question, why in the implementation the Presence part
> of the MeMenu is "disabled" when all Empathy-configured accounts are
> "offline"..

Sorry for the response to old email, but I didn't see a follow-up.

If empathy is not running, you should be able to launch it simply by
changing your status to Available or another online state. In other
words, the states should be achievable even if that means first starting
empathy.

Mark

Hi there,

   Well, no, that's not the actual behavior; the only  way (at least in my case) to launch Empathy it's clicking on chat entry on Messaging Menu..

BTW, If we want to use Me Menu, and running Empathy -x example the notification odf interfere with Me Menu...

There is an interesting mail here about unifying Messaging Menu and Me Menu... for example, launch empathy (or Pidgin if installed) from Messaging Menu, see contacts chats from messaging menu, but if we want to set quickly our chat status we have tu use Me Menu... Maybe a unified option could be mor logical and better.

On Gwibber, launch and see mentions or DM from Messaging menu, but if we want to twit we have to go to Me Menu, delete de "Publicar en Twitter" (I'm from Argentina) and write our twit, but there is no shorter URL (Like twitter) and sometimes notification bubble interfere...

I believe that a unified solution could be better, don't you?

Martín
--
Enviado desde Ubuntu