Re: [Ayatana] [Fwd: Re: Presence via Me Menu]

On 16/12/10 12:56, Martín A. Casco wrote:
There is an interesting mail here about unifying Messaging Menu and Me Menu... for example, launch empathy (or Pidgin if installed) from Messaging Menu, see contacts chats from messaging menu, but if we want to set quickly our chat status we have tu use Me Menu... Maybe a unified option could be mor logical and better.

On Gwibber, launch and see mentions or DM from Messaging menu, but if we want to twit we have to go to Me Menu, delete de "Publicar en Twitter" (I'm from Argentina) and write our twit, but there is no shorter URL (Like twitter) and sometimes notification bubble interfere...

I believe that a unified solution could be better, don't you?

Yes, I do. The biggest issue has been finding a way to make that compact enough to be a clean indicator. We can have another stab at that for 11.10. Whatever we do there will need to stick for 12.04 LTS.

Mark