Re: [Ayatana] Evolution indicator

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 09:25, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 22:55 -0700, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> So would you also expect that individual applications should manage
> their presence in the saved session as well? Then also their
> running-but-minimized-to-the-indicator-somehow status?

In general, yes.  Most applications already have a setting for whether
they should be started on login.  This involves a very similar process
to controlling whether it's in the messaging menu.  With session saving
they are told when the session is being destroyed, but are responsible
for choosing what gets saved or how that gets handled.  Applications do
largely take care of these things, with a set of defaults that are
configured by the distributor.

Sounds reasonable. My only concern is getting upstreams on board. Upstream evolution (afaik) doesn't really expect you to be running their software as a part of your session, so we'd have to make the UI decision as to how this works. Somewhere buried in evolution's preferences? Or can we automatically do it somehow if the indicator is in use? (chicken-and-egg perhaps).

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: -= jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-