[Ayatana] Embedded gnome-panel functional as plugins of unity dock and remove the panel

Hi,

I'm new here. An Ubuntu brainstorm guy told me to get the mailing list to purpose ideas about the Unity. Hope I'm in the right place.

The last 10.10 Unity interface tried to show the support for touch screen, I think that is a good start and a good idea for a hybrid interface that works with both touch and mouse. As far as I following the development until the 11.04 Alpha 1.�In my view as a user, a hybrid interface should provide easy to use; mouse or keyboard should not be choices but addition. For example, a touch user should be able to do everything�continently without a mouse and so do the mouse user.�A panel is not a thing for touch. In fact, it's really hard to touch it since it is very thin. So I purpose the idea to make a compatibility or convert panel's plugins, especially the notification area which is essential, and then remove the panel. This can be a short-term solution.

Thanks for reading my little idea and hope this can help you guys.