Re: [Ayatana] Do Not Disturb---across multiple applications

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 07:21, Sohail Mirza <mirzmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sounds like "Busy" is exactly the status you would want.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 6:27 AM, Paul Sladen <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> Part of the attractiveness ... is they save you from having to
> make the same change in multiple applications.

I hit an interesting use-case two nights ago.

 1. Six-way conference call on Skype
 2. Messages still coming in via Empathy and interupting

I was afraid to set myself offline in the MeMenu incase it kicked me
off the conference call in Skype (Skype is probably not quite
integrated, but the presumption is that it would be long-term).

Perhaps that setting would have been "Busy", but I didn't dare try it!

In that case, perhaps Busy needs more affordance.. and the consequences of going "busy" should be more obvious and wider..
I still suggest adding an extra item, just like hotel room door handles have: "Do Not Disturb", but i might be off track, hint me.
It could go somewhere, coulnd't it?
Duhh, if we had an Indicator "System Menu", things would be so much easier to conceive ;) ...