[Ayatana] Option to Group Active Running Programs

An option to group active running applications would fit into Unity's
goal of a clean and intuitive environment. When a user wants to switch
applications sometimes it takes an annoying second to visually locate
it, especially if enough apps are on the launcher that it's hidden.

I know some people love to keep their icons pinned where they are, so i
see this as an option like intellihide.

In my personal opinion, i'd like to see them grouped up at the top since
the eye will already be focusing there (menu, control buttons, dash
icon). The bottom wouldn't we horrible either

in future versions of unity, animations could even be added for icons
moving to/from the group (icons could slide behind the other icons
creating a wave effects on the icons in front of it, or the moving icon
could hover with a tasteful animation over the other icons)
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
ike ahloe (https://launchpad.net/~ikeahloe)