Re: [Ayatana] Printing progress indicator

perhaps ppl aren't sure if that kinda stuff would eventually go into indicator-progress when it hits the earth's surface.. if at all..
i have absolutely no idea what i am talking about here :S

well wouldn't that be great?
An API for Indicator-style progress visualization in the top-right-wing panel, i think many would be fond of that ;)

every progress-indication-worthy process could place an icon into that container, and if there's > 1 progress indicators simultaneously, a menu begins to populate itself underneath a generic "operations in progress" icon:
symbolic app icon1 - progress information1 ( % )
symbolic app icon2 - progress information2

e.g.
printing              - 60 % done
downloading file - 34 % done

in version 2 we'd add a button "show details", which would open an interactive overview in the dash, features borrowed from something like a filtered "Processes" view of the GNOME System Monitor..  ;)
somebody's gotta do the dreamin' ..