Re: [Ayatana] Gwibber and Empathy notifications overlap confusingly

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 09:02 -0500, Conscious User wrote:
> That's not true. The current version in the Maverick repositories add
> an entry to the message menu specific to the message, like Emnpathy
> does.

I'm on Maverick and Gwibber does not add entries to the menu after
sending the notifications. However note that I've set Gwibber to send
notifications for every message. Probably what you are referring to
happens for "Mentions and replies only"?

> And the current version in trunk uses entries with counts like
> Evolution, for the "Messages", "Replies" and "Private" streams.

This is a very nice thing, something that I would really like to have.
With this solution, the notifications are still ambiguous, but you can
easily see which application issued the event with just one click.

--
Andrea Corbellini
Ubuntu Member  | http://www.ubuntu.com