Re: [Ayatana] Evolution indicator

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 00:03 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> On 21/12/10 15:08, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> > Email notifications tell me when I need to have my email open. When
> > I'm done, I close my email app (which should NOT stop me from getting
> > email notifications). When I get another notification (which I don't
> > right now, because the previous step broke them), I open my email app
> > again (either by running it in the menu, or by selecting the message
> > in the messaging menu).
>
> We're in complete agreement - the mail client should happily run in the
> background with no windows showing, the messaging menu can indicate the
> app is running, and clicking on entries in the messaging menu should
> create the window instantly.
>
> Mark

Geoff Goehle has had a patch/branch ready for a *very* long time:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/460483>

Though I have not tested it, from what what is mentioned on the bug
report it is a modification of the evolution-indicator plugin and seems
to be working great for a lot of folks.

It just needs review from either mpt or njpatel and we could ship it for
Natty.

--
Cheers,
Vish