Re: [Ayatana] GDM

You should probably file a bug report against GDM for this.

On 16 January 2011 03:42, Jonathan <shrouded.cloud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know that consistency is very important for the system and there is
one particularly irksome thing I've noticed in Ubuntu for consistency
(at least now that Ubiquity has been redone). When you turn on a LiveCD
you get this window and a panel at the top with some basic indicators.
When you are at the desktop you have a top panel with indicators. Now,
in Natty, with Unity, you have only the top panel with the Launcher. So,
why then, do we still have GDM wherein it uses a bottom panel that
doesn't even match the theme? There is no precedent for this bottom
panel. I understand that tackling GDM may not be in the plans, but it is
really inconsistent with everything else in the system.

As for what I would like to see done? In a perfect world, I think a new
login program should be created, one that fits in with Ubuntu properly
instead of being shoe-horned in and is more future-friendly. Though,
this is a "perfect world" scenario and I, unfortunately cannot do
anything to help this idea right now, only to propose it.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Jonathan (https://launchpad.net/~shroudedcloud)