Re: [Ayatana] I don't think global menu and the panel is good for a touch OS

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 18:06, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>         I'm particularly interested in this issue. I like the show on
>         hover,
>         but how is it going to be addressed in touch devices?
>
> eye-tracking?

I'm not talking about the future. I'm asking how the designers are
handling this issue *now*, for Natty.

Nielsen introduced the concept 17 years ago already, but i guess i was still being humorous with a taste of "direction".
It is futile to attempt to solve a problem that does not yet exist.
The common desktop is pointer-based, the AppMenu's pupose is a transitional one, we don't need a GlobalMenu or AppMenu where we are going, that's why my future talk.
Of course, if you think a 24px bar is a useful UI in a touch-oriented environment, i will not agree.