[Ayatana] Fwd: App Name as a Menu

Oops.  Didn't send this the list.  (Sorry Mr. Lone, you're gonna get this twice. :/)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carl Simpson <cwd.simpson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2011/1/19
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] App Name as a Menu
To: hello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Remove or Upgrade”

You've got update-manager to handle upgrades without the user ever having to volunteer their time to that.

Software Centre allows you to remove stuff.

I don't think removing and upgrading are such frequent behaviours as to justify such a forward facing presence.

I would also take exception to the "add to launcher" bit, as the launcher is where I'd go to see about things on it.  As it happens, that's where the add-to-launcher functionality has been put by Canonical's wise and great designers, too.

Screenshotting seems extremely niche a want, too.  `gnome-screenshot --interactive`, which is called something like "Screenshot Tool" by name, handles selecting a particular window to screenshot, and is installed by default.

Not all applications support proper full screening, either (e.g. pidgin, nautilus).

Also, screenshotting, fullscreening, etc, are window specific, where as the title there is only app specific.  When I go to, say, "Pidgin > screenshot", or "Firefox > fullscreen", which window does it mean?  Presumably the active one, but that seems like a UI incongruity.