Re: [Ayatana] Ubuntu Font as default for web site

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, cyrildz wrote:

Hello Ngassam,

> Ubuntu Font are really nice, beautiful,

I'm glad you like the Ubuntu Font Family, and find it practical!

> set the Ubuntu Font as default for all website,

The CSS "font-family: Ubuntu" is already used on the Ubuntu sites, and
additionally it is served as a webfont meaning that hopefully it
displays even when the fonts are not yet available locally.

Is your suggestion that we go beyond this, and set "Ubuntu" as the
default browser font in Firefox, Chromium, Konqueror, ...?

If so, this is a wonderful suggestion (I already use it as the default
in Firefox on my own machine).  Perhaps something that can be done for
the next release of Ubuntu (11.04)?

I know it doesn't seem long, but the Ubuntu Font Family has only been
shipping for a mere four months, so it's still early days!

In the mean-time, I believe that there is a Firefox plugin that
overrides the default font for Wikipedia and other sites.

	-Paul