Re: [Ayatana] Regarding the Sound Menu Spec's closing of inactive audio applications

On Tuesday 08,February,2011 09:36 PM, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> A window's close button should close the window. Anything else the
> program does should aim for the least overall distraction.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but does this not mean that the original
behaviour of having the media players (Banshee and Rhythmbox) close their
windows, but remain running in the background, ready to resume at a moment's
notice, is the correct behaviour after all?

It seems to me that the original behaviour (as opposed to the current behaviour)
closes the window and yields the least overall distraction, thus complying with
the statement you made. The user does not need to know that the media player is
actually still running in the background. The "Quit" action does create a bit of
confusion in that case though.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin