Re: [Ayatana] No one will ever use the upper-left Ubuntu button

Okay, here is a more elaborate mockup of what I intended, built on top of David Reichling's preliminary mockup (thanks btw!). Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to host it, so I'm just attaching it as an archive. If someone could put it up somewhere that would be great. As it is it can be used locally (it's only html and _javascript_). I've tested it only in Chromium browser and on a netbook screen, so if it comes out wacky it's probably my fault. Cheers!

Marc Lajoie

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10 March 2011 09:25, Mark Shuttleworth
> Let's see what people who try it have to say. Don't worry if there is
> negative feedback, that's what exploring and testing are all about.
> Thanks for making the testable mockup.

I really like the flipping* dock idea, it declutters the "application
area", I like the separation of applications and places. It's touch
friendly, easily discoverable (well, as discoverable as the Dash...)
and simple. What's not to like?

Luke.

*Obviously, a vertical rotation of the dock around the Y-axis would
look awesome!