Re: [Ayatana] Unity Dock Icons behavior - Context Menu

Le jeudi 10 mars 2011 à 17:20 +0000, Paul Sladen a écrit :
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Xavier Guillot wrote:
> > - Keep in launcher
> > - Quit
> > and a third one to launch another window of the program ...
> > Now this possibility disappeared, it's available with middle click.
>
> Hello Xavier.  I've leaned over the table and enquired about this, and
> John has told me that the middle-click shortcut is supposed to be *in
> addition* to the means of opening a new window via the right-click
> QuickList.
>
> Apparently it's a co-incidence that one temporarily disappeared
> whilst the other was being introduced.

No, it has been done on purpose as asked on bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/709707

See the comment 3.
The idea is to add quicklist entries in the desktop files when we know
applications support multiple instances (which isn't always the case,
like devhelp which doesn't open a new one but focus the existing
instance), or when it doesn't do thing wrong (like gimp, opening a new
full instance with toolbar and such and not only a new document).

Some guidance about how to do that is available there:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/LauncherAPI#Static Quicklist entries

We are still discussing on the xdg list about the "OnlyShowIn" values
(Unity or X-Unity) before launching a campaign of community help :)

Didier