Re: [Ayatana] Unity Mockup v3

Well, everyone _else_ is doing it, so here's my own mock-up of some things I'd like to see in Unity.

Things of note are what _isn't_ there, more than what is.

- Lenses have been moved to the top.  Why?  They help people find and launch things, just like the dash.  I'd rather they go away and just be incorporated into the dash, but if we can't do that, let's put them BY the dash, to keep the functionality of the top-left corner similar.

- The top portion of the launcher bar should never collapse or scroll away.  Only the bottom icon set (the launchers) should.  I have no way of easily depicting this in a mock-up.

- I also have no way of depicting the idea that icons in the launcher should remain where I put them.  Currently, if the bottom icons are "collapsed", you can mouseover the launcher, scroll down, and use the ones on the bottom (while the ones on the top collapse).  That's great, but when I leave the bar, the whole thing re-sets, and I don't think it should do that.  It should stay where I put it.  If I want one of the ones on the top, I'll scroll up when I get there.

- Notice: there is no desktop or trash icon.  Why?  Because its MY launcher, and I don't want them there, so I should be able to take them away.

- Menus always visible to the right of the window title.  The window title, and empty bits of the title bar, are still draggable (to address that problem, I don't remember who brought it up).  This should all go into the panel on maximization.

I have some other complaints, but as far as mock-ups go, this addresses them and how I'd like them dealt with.

--G