Re: [Ayatana] Unity Mockup v3

Nice mockup. However . . .

1) Putting the launchers at the bottom/lense at the top impedes the
function of the bar (as I see it): You want the things you want close at
hand.  So, if you invoke the bar by moving the mouse, you don't want to
move too much to launch the things you want.  A user uses the lenses
less than the launchers IMO (the lenses are there to find programs you
don't usually use or, if you do use them often, you put them in the bar)

2) I agree that the Files and the Applications Lenses should be
combined.

3) The menu in the window title bar.  While it solves the space issue
and the moving-up-to-the-top problem (the latter isn't much of a problem
for me, but then I've got a tiny 1440x900 monitor) it restricts window
size.  What if the user wants a window smaller than the length of the
menu?  What about windows with long names?  What about themes where the
window title is centered?

Here's an idea: a single click on the window name (or F10) opens the
global menu on the panel, with the mouse already there at the first
entry.