Re: [Ayatana] Understanding the menu problem.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:29 PM, GonzO <gonzo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:45 AM,  <huffylinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Wow, that's harsh.

It's also just my personal opinion ;)

> Is it?  I mean, how many people use "Focus follows pointer"?
>
> I haven't seen anyone with that config in a dog's age.
>

>> I hope it doesn't get (further) ignored.  It may be a corner, but a
>> lot of people are in that corner, judging by the number of posts
>> and bugs I have seen.
>
> How many of those bugs are simply anti-Global Menu, though, having
> nothing to do with FFP?

That and: You only complain if something is broken, i.e. selection bias.

The point here really is that this is a "legacy feature" and as most
often "backwards compatibility" hampers progress. The main goal of
Unity is to create an enjoyable and coherent user experience. This
can't be achieved without throwing out a lot of cruft and at least for
now significantly reduce configurability and thereby complexity of the
user experience.