Re: [Ayatana] Windows 8 and OS X Lion observations

On 06/09/2011 11:21 AM, James Jenner wrote:
Usability is about making the interface easy to work overall, not for
specific instances.

There are already somewhat varying definitions out there, no need to make things up on the go.

All the common takes on what usability is render your statement invalid. The ISO definition even says it is all about specific cases: "The extent to which a product can be used by specified users to achieve specified goals with effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction in a specified context of use."

I really wonder how the quality of discourse could be improved here. I'm sure being more careful and informed about our terminology is a requirement.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/