Re: [Ayatana] Search in Nautilus needs a minor improvement

On 16 June 2011 19:26, Jarlath Reidy <jarlathreidy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So in Nautilus, I choose the 'Computer' icon from the toolbar and search
> from there. But it seem that from this view you can only search for the
> 'presence' of drives, i.e. find their icons.

By the way, you ought to try Nautilus 3 because the sidebar is
arranged differently now. While you'd probably still need to select
File System for what you're wanting to do, there is no Computer button
to confuse you. Of course, the Nautilus developers aren't going to
make design changes to Nautilus 2; if you're going to report a design
bug, you ought to be using at least the latest stable version of the
software, if not the development version.

Jeremy Bicha