Re: [Ayatana] What about the Dash on Oneiric Ocelot ?

my mockup still has a section for frequently used but only on the front page of the dash and i noted that it was meant to exclude any item on the launcher or the "bookmarked" section i also had in my mockup's front page. �the bookmarked section was for easy access to sometimes used but maybe not frequent apps a person doesn't use enough to want on their launcher but would still like more readily available for them when they do want it. bookmarked section would also be useful for people who don't like launchers.

since the frequently used section would have much greater possibility for change if it excluded things on the launcher and bookmarked section i think it would be more useful and helpful than the current frequent apps sections.

outside of the front page there was no "frequently used" section and also the "available for download section was replaced by a single button located at the bottom of the dash.

not everyone likes having the apps and files&folders on the launcher and some people don't even like launchers in general. �i personally like the launcher but would disable the apps and files lenses on it if i were to use Unity instead of Gnome2 as my usual desktop environment. �i still use unity every now and then but as i said i don't find it enjoyable.

there's a lot about unity that i think needs to change. i in it's default 11.04 state i find it usable but not enjoyable. so i'll likely be using something else sooner or later unless there end up being more options available in unity. �i believe i saw mark shuttleworth (i could be mistaken and it have been someone else) post on a different topic quoting a study about how where the app menu is doesn't make much of a difference in usability. �while that may be true where the app menu is does make a difference in the enjoyment a user has while using the app menu. �it might not be much but then unity is filled with situations like that for a lot of people and while one thing probably won't make or break the deal, multiple things will.