Re: [Ayatana] What about the Dash on Oneiric Ocelot ?

granted having it listed like a section on the front page of a dash seems a bit odd since it would be the first the you see but if users are going to have to install lenses even simply through the software center it's probably a good thing to let them know that they're called lenses.

i personally wouldn't want his design as the front page of the dash. i don't think it's a bad design. it has it's merits if you make use of various lenses.�
i just wouldn't want it because it wouldn't be any more immediately useful than the current design. it's still a set of buttons that lead to other parts of the dash.
plus, i've seen maybe 10 lenses that i know are currently available but none that i'd actually use. so for me and users like me it would turn our front dash page into a search bar and two buttons for applications and file&folders.

it'd be nice to see options for your various lenses without bringing up a "lenses" section.
i'd prefer a small row of icons�right under the search bar�maybe showing quick lens commands. such as typing "y,w nyan cat" to search for "nyan cat" with both youtube and wikipedia lenses.

it would be nice for new users to have a lenses section available somewhere in the dash instead of having them forced into your launcher.