Re: [Ayatana] Unity2D -- wow! (And hidden window buttons)

Den 27. aug. 2011 21:34, skrev huff:
No, I don't think so. Making the buttons visible serves no
purpose.
Well, you really are giving "just" your opinion.

Need?  No, of course not.

But I sure do want them.  For me, that's the purpose they serve.  I
want them.  Having them fills that purpose.

Yes, you want them. But why? Is there any other reason
than liking to see orange circles with X-es in them?
Also, why are people so OK with this 2 step process of moving to
the corner and then seeing them?  To me it is absurd.  Muscle
memory?  OK, but not everyone has the same experience when it comes
to that.
No, this has nothing at all to do with muscle memory. Not
a thing. You're aiming for the corner of the screen. You can
do that with your eyes closed, so whether the button is
red, blue or invisible, is completely irrelevant. I don't at
all understand what you mean by a two step process.

Can you please explain how you usually click buttons when
the mouse is not close to them?

Clearly, I am not the only one that wants these buttons or I
wouldn't have stumbled on the argument for them.
Yes, but it seems that the wish is completely irrational.
It shouldn't be imposed on millions of users.

I am really confused by how often people just can't understand that
people use computers in various ways.
That's the point. This doesn't affect use in any way.  But it
does make the title of the page/window you're reading more
visible. I think that's valuable. Certainly more valuable than
a reminder that I can exit an application if I want to -- which
obviously, lots of people never do.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad