[Ayatana] Dash search vs Alt+F2 in 11.10

Hi,

I use Alt+F2 a lot to launch apps and at the same time the "dash
search" to launch apps is an awesome feature. But in 11.10, Alt+f2 is
different from dash-search (although they look similar). Dash search
is where I click the ubuntu launcher, type the app name/description
and be able to launch it. While alt+f2 seems to search only binary
executable names and expects to type in the command explicitly. The
two modes seem confusing.

For example, trying the two with "screenshot" search, dash-search gets
the right application, while Alt-F2 doesn't get anything useful.

Why not just have dash-search with Alt-F2 - it appears to search
binary names too? I think Alt-F2 command mode is a legacy that is
already redundant with dash-search. I may be wrong here, but I thought
that's how it was in 11.04 before, and somehow got changed in 11.10?

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba