mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Mugle UI

> One thing to note is, that I've experienced is, whenever GWT code has been
> modified,
> the behavior is weird unless you clean and recompile the gwt components.
> Hope that will help; I haven't quite understood why the dev mode doesn't
> handle that.

Hmm, that's strange.

Well following this advice, I ran 'ant clean' and then 'ant devmode'.
This seems to have made things worse.

Now it's behaving pretty much the same as before (sometimes I can see
the main UI screen, but none of the buttons on the side work), but
sometimes not, and I'm now often seeing this popup:

"GWT module 'mugle' may need to be (re)compiled"

Have you seen that one? Are you guys using ant or Eclipse? I stopped
using Eclipse awhile back since it stopped working.

> When I was working on the UI, I too had trouble getting the URLs to work.
> I was under the impression that Matt was going to have a look at that, but may be I was wrong.

I was going to try and look at the high-level URL redirection
mechanism. That is; when the web server receives an HTTP request, does
it go to GWT or does it go to some other code to try and serve a file.
That is an unrelated mechanism to the "history token" mechanism which
changes the view based on the fragment part (after the "#") of the URL
-- the latter mechanism is a client-side URL/view mechanism, while the
former is a server-side HTTP mechanism.

But I have been unable to do any work on MUGLE recently because every
time I try to do anything, I can't get any UI to work. I need UI
before I proceed because I am trying to work on file uploads and I
will be unable to test it unless I can build some UI for that.