mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: GameEditBuilder

> As to editing names and descriptions. Developers are not allowed to change
> the "name" (referring to the unique URL name given for a game, user,
> devteam, etc).
> However, the users are allowed to change their Full Name, and similar rules
> apply for games and dev teams. This means, potentially the description can
> be empty as far as the
> backend if concerned. Come to think of it, I'm not quite sure if this is
> the best option, but for now, I think the checking for empty strings should
> be done on client no matter what.

Well nothing will break if you have an empty full name or description. It
just will look weird. I don't mind either way if the UI (editor) enforces
rules like this; likewise for maximum lengths (just pick a reasonable
length). The backend won't enforce it, which means users *can* do strange
things if they really want to, but they aren't security problems.