mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Displaying error messages on the UI

OK my mistake. I think the one Jens mentioned was was another error-display
message used by the initial popup window. I can't remember why i ended up
removing this particular one using Mugle.java.

May be we can use this for error messages. Do you want me to go ahead and
implement it? If so, which would the perfect spot be? I personally like the
top bar because we already have allocated space at the top.

Where as, the top of the contents panel would mean that there can be cases
that the message appears on top of (z-index increased) other objects, OR we
may have to push them down.

Another reason I don't like having it there is that, we should always be
able to clear the whole contents panel at any given time and not have to
think of the common divs that should be regenerated.

However, I may be wrong; so let me know what exactly needs to be
implemented.

--
*Prageeth Silva*