mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Some bug triage for the weekend

OK guys. I'm very sorry about what just happened to your inbox (you probably
got about 30 messages). I've been triaging* the bug tracker which I always
find helps get a clear view of what needs to be done. You don't need to read
all those messages but you might skim through them because I did leave a
couple of questions on some bugs.

*If you haven't heard this term before, it means the process of sorting bugs
and assigning them priorities, milestones and marking duplicates and
basically cleaning up the bug list -- hence the bug status "Triaged" means
"this bug's metadata is set correctly but it hasn't been fixed or started
yet" -- note that I set all bugs to Triaged once I have assigned all the
other metadata.

Also, I have deleted milestones 0.1.2 and 0.1.3 since obviously we aren't
following that plan any more. I renamed 0.1.1 to just 0.1, which will be the
release we'll make on Monday. So all the bugs are now either milestoned for
0.1 ("we need it this weekend") or de-milestoned ("we'll get around to it
whenever"). Please focus on the 0.1-milestoned bugs.

So I think the most two useful bug views are the open unfixed
bugs<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mugle/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.tag=&field.tags_combinator=ANY&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on&search=Search>(unfortunately,
there is no direct link to this -- you have to go to
all the bugs that haven't been fixed yet), and the milestone
0.1<https://launchpad.net/mugle/+milestone/0.1>view (that shows all
bugs targeted to milestone 0.1). If you think there is
anything else that is critical to either fix or implement this weekend,
please add a new bug for it, and flag it as Triaged and with Milestone 0.1.

As I said earlier, I'll be unavailable for most of today, so I'll likely
pick up work tomorrow, which I have allocated the whole day if necessary to
work on MUGLE.

Thanks for your work guys. We can make this!

Matt