mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Blobstore API problems

I just discovered this rather-large spanner in the works:

https://code.google.com/appengine/docs/quotas.html#Blobstore
*Note:* The Blobstore API is only available for apps with billing enabled.
You still get an amount of quota for free, but billing must be enabled to
use it.

Since we don't (yet) have billing enabled, I guess this means we can't use
the blob store. Crap. That means we need to go back to our other plan of
simply using blob objects in the database and hoping they aren't too big.
I'll look into what's required to make that change. Are there any
suggestions?

Also, to avoid any more of these surprises, I am going to try to get MUGLE
up on App Engine as my next priority (after sorting out blobs).

Follow ups