mugle-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Very confused about uniqueness of game URL names

> Guys is there something I am missing? I have just discovered that MUGLE
>> basically treats all game URLs in a common namespace.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mugle/+bug/787378
>>

> This is an actual bug, I agree this needs to be fixed.

OK ... well I have nearly fixed it. But then I discovered that the
GameService.create method actually checks uniqueness across all game URLs.
So currently we can't create games with the same URL across devteams at all.

Should I remove this constraint?

>> For example I am now looking at PromotedGames, which can't possibly
>> uniquely identify a game because they don't contain a devteam. Should I add
>> a devteam field to PromotedGame?
>>

> I thought promoted games had a unique name in the top level namespace; this
> was the reason I reported a bug last night asking if we should differentiate
> the devteams and promoted games.

Hang on, where is that bug? I went looking for it for 10 minutes then
couldn't find it, so I filed another one:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mugle/+bug/787369