Stantum open-sources gesture engine

Guys,

Stantum have just told me that they have decided to open-source their multitouch gesture recognition code if Ubuntu is willing to take it. They have given me a pointer to a video that demonstrates what their code does: http://www.vimeo.com/10238114, password "ubuntu". The contact at Stantum is G.Chastan@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gauthier Chastan).

I don't know anything about their gesture code and its quality. What I know is that they have one of the strongest track records in multitouch, being the same people that made the JazzMutant Lemur used in music for many years. And their multitouch panel, btw, is excellent too (though not available in consumer products). Let's hope that their code is of the same quality level.

Cheers,

St.

Follow ups