Re: studio 17 update

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 09:15:23AM +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:40:38PM -0600, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> > Hey folks, I thought I share the note from Rafi that I got tonight.
> > Good news, but with some work to do...
> >
> > [7:17pm] <rafiyr> fyi, the studio 17 showed up as expected today.
> > Touch worked from the moment the installer went gui
> > [7:17pm] <rafiyr> :-)
> > [7:18pm] <rafiyr> needs some adjustment though.  as the forum user
> > noted, it looses the finger too easily, resulting in repeated clicks
>
> I should also report that the HP TX2 is in a similar position.
> Finger/pen single touch seems to work out of the box pretty usably, it
> did not work at all before the kernel updates.
>
> -apw

Bit of an update just to make you all really jealous.

A couple little tweaks gets nice solid touch support on the studio 17.  One is just the slack at the end of input so that touch doesn't disconnect when a spurious empty frame comes in (n-trig seems to do a lot of that).  Its an old change that I
haven't yet sent off to kernel, but probably should do so soon.  The second, is a little more forgiving on the size of the contact.

As for reasons to be jealous, the studio 17 is giving me a 6 contacts.  (Stephane won't be jealous since he's already playing with 10 contact devices)
Contact size doesn't seem to be as stable as good as the XT.  But that's just first impressions, I will have to test more.  I doubt that I'll be able to do anything meaningful about that (also don't think it matters that much).

Rafi