Re: Status of multitouch in the kernel

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Alberto Milone
<alberto.milone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have noticed that my Stantum touchscreen doesn't work in Lucid and,
> as Stéphane Chatty explained to me, this is because we're missing a
> patch for hid.h (the hid.h in your package is fine though). For this
> reason I made your package build the hid-stantum module against the
> fixed hid.h and also I had to bump the version of the driver to 0.6.1
> otherwise DKMS would complain with the following error:
>
> Error! Module version 0.6 for hid-stantum.ko
> is not newer than what is already found in kernel 2.6.32-22-generic (0.6).
> You may override by specifying --force.
>
> Please apply the attached debdiff (which I can confirm to fix the
> issue) to your package.

Thanks for finding this! It turns out that I somehow missed building
and installing a bunch of hid modules. There are a few others that
were not enabled, and some of them needed a version bump like the
Stantum driver. I have audited the sources again, so hopefully all the
drivers are built and installed correctly. The changes have been
uploaded as version 1.4 to my multitouch ppa. Give them a few minutes
to build, and then you should have working drivers!

-- Chase