Re: [Canonical-multitouch] MT Meeting in France (was: More MT tools andframeworks)

On May 16, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Stéphane Chatty wrote:

Stéphane,

Thanks for the mentioning this! Could you share a little more about the event?
* has it been held before?
* what size is it?
* who will be attending? (if that info is sharable)
* is there an agenda for discussions yet?
* is it a local or international in nature? (wondering if the meeting will be held in French)

Did I mention that the event is French-speaking? :-) In practice, I have the feeling that a number of things will happen in English but pure English-speakers must accept that they will miss a good part of the discussions.

http://interaction.lille.inria.fr/TG10/

It is the first of its kind, organised by INRIA-Lille. Basically, there is a new professor there (Nicolas Roussel) who wants to create a group working on touch and gestures, and he and his colleagues thought that organising an event was a good way to start. The event is French-speaking, informal, and consists of three sub-events: a workshop, a barcamp, and a showroom.

On the Web site you can find the list of participants who announced themselves, but attendance (at least at the barcamp) will remain open.

St.

Thanks, Stéphane!

David Barth might be interested and available; he's the tech lead for our multi-touch efforts and resides in France. It would be great if we could participate in the event as community members. We'll let you know as the time gets closer.

Thanks again,