Re: script to detect MT devices

On 08/19/2010 10:44 AM, Rafi Rubin wrote:

> Nice script.
>
> My only reluctance to both the shell and the python, is:
> # See linux/input.h
> ABS_MT_POSITION_X = 0x35
>
> Its not likely the change any time soon or all that often, but it would
> be nice to be able to use the constants straight out of the header files.

> That sort of bit me already with the size of input_event on 32/64.

Constants like these do not change, but I wanted to give a heads up for a
possible change of the size of the ABS namespace. There are indications that it
will change from 64 positions to something larger within a couple of kernel
versions, which would mean more words in the capabilities line we are parsing.

Henrik